Monday 25 July 2011

My First YouTube Collaboration

I don't know why I never proposed this to anyone, because it was so much fun!

A funky far out YouTuber, IndigoNova1 asked me if I wanted to join her in a collaboration - it was completely her idea and we decided to go with mint choc chip ice cream nails.

I absolutely couldn't say no cos I thought that it was perfect for the summer - and I love seeing other people's versions of the same theme. This all kind of happened while I was between computers - I managed to edit the video on my old one - Windows Movie Maker - which I'm so glad I did because the new movie maker I have is super complicated and it's gonna take a while to learn how to use it!

I used mainly acrylic paints, and made the scoops with a cigarette filter. I had no idea what it would turn out like, but I'm quite pleased with the result, and was amazed when she sent me the pic of hers.

We only uploaded yesterday [sunday] and the feedback we've received has been immense!!
Here's my version - and check out Indigonova1's version too - the link is in the video. She did a water marble, which is [in my opinion] a really hard technique to master.


We've made a lot of people hungry with our minty ice cream nails and that was my intention. Haha.

I'm so glad I agreed to do this collab. I think collabs are a great way of making friends, sharing art and leading people to the other awesome artist that they may not have discovered yet.

I'm not the sort of person to sub4sub, or spam people with my videos... or comment everywhere saying "check out my design...sub my channel..." to be honest that annoys the crap out of me. So this is like an honest, nice way to make new friends, gain views and subscribers without being cheap or annoying people. I'm recommending another artist to my subscribers, and so is she.. but for a good reason, not just for the sake of doing a random shoutout. I like to EARN. That way, when someone subscribes or compliments and rates one of my designs, I know it's genuine and not just because they feel they should.

I'd definitely do this again. With IndigoNova1 or any other funky nail artist. I believe I am still quite new to YouTubing nails, but out of all the designs I've painted so far, this one's been the most fun, and the most productive.

YAY!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment